Saturday, February 11, 2006

Drinking in the UK

Was in the UK last weekend to go for drinks with various internet people. Saturday was in London, in a bar in Soho called The Edurance that was absolutely packed. It was also full of pretentious and annoying media types. God I hate them. I got offered free coke by sole complete stranger in the toilets at about 7 in the evening. Of course mate, I'll accept illegal drugs from a complete stranger at no cost. Nothing dodgy about that at all... It was an OK night but not great.

Spent the night in the Regent Palace Hotel which is literally just off Piccadilly Circus. Quite handy ad dirt cheap at 35 pounds. But it was with a shared bathroom that only had a cold shower... I was up at 6.30 am and went for a walk to try and find a newsagents. Central London is quite odd at that time on a Saturday morning. Shame I forgot to take my camera from the hotel room. Walking through Soho may not have been the best idea though, for some reason it was full of groups of large black men who kept offering me drugs. Do I look like a druggy or something?

The took the coach to Oxford and had a splendid time with a bunch of loons.

For example, this is a bunch of the blokes having a 'discreet' conversation about the woman in the white top on the right who was showing a tremendous amount of cleavage.

She noticed eventually.

It was nice to see everybody again, saw Mike and his lovely girlfriend Jade, Lewis, Ross, Tara and here internet superstar boyfriend Dave who is responsible for the wonderfulness of the pixelmash version of Star Wars amongst other things. A lovely bunch of people and the bar was serving double gin and tonic for 2 pounds 15 pence. I may have had a couple.

Of course I woke up really early on Sunday but this leant that I had a nice long walk through Oxford which is a lovely place. I took some photos:





The rest of them can be seen on my Flickr account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home