Thursday, January 26, 2006


It’s Republic Day here and therefore none of the managers are in the office. So I decided to spend the morning going through my mail and updating my notes by the side of the pool. That's my temporary office up there.

Yesterday was quite a busy day; I spent several hours going through some of the processes with the different team leaders and will do the same this afternoon. Today I’ll be talking to the guys looking after the London processes; they only start at about midday local time to be in sync with London.

I went for a couple of beers last night right next to the hotel in a place called “Pub World”. It’s supposed to be five different styles of bar in one room, but to be honest it just looks like one bar… Nice beer on tap though so I had a couple and read some more of Kafka on the shore which is a fantastic book. As I was a bit tired I decided to eat in the hotel and discovered that it was unlimited kebaps and beer for 650R. I only had one beer as I’d already had a couple but will confess to having several servings of delicious kepabs. They are not like kebabs that you get in the UK but are different meats and fish frilled in various spices on a spit, normally served with a mint sauce. They really were fantastic. I had to run away at the end as I’d eaten far too much and they kept wanting to serve me more…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cette photo est une provocation sans nom que je ne peux laisser passer : Salaud !!!
Une nageuse anonyme, GRRRRRR

1:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home