Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I've just had a truly superb meal at The Coconut Grove on Church Street. The house cocktail to start with, which was fairly alcoholic and served in a fresh coconut, then three or four small crabs in a spicy sauce for starter. Followed up by a prawn curry with rice and a kind of puffy naan. I am now full. All that with a beer (which over here comes in 650ml bottles) cost 750 R which is about 15EUR.

Today was quite interesting, the morning in the office and then I went to the Infosys campus which is just outside the city for lunch and a tour. There are 41 buildings set in parkland and 16000 people work there. This being India, outside is very poor and covered in cows, whereas the inside is perfect lawns, fountains, a golf course, a library and more restaurants than you can shake a stick at.






I had a walk after getting back and took some more photos, I think I'm starting to get a bit more used to this place already.





tomorrow I'm being taken to visit some flats, we'll see what that's like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home