Saturday, January 28, 2006

Friday evening

Had a relatively quiet one. A couple of beers (at 100R a pint, it would be rude not to) and then I thought I'd try a Chinese place on Church Street called Three Quarters Chinese. Big mistake, it was the first bad experience I'd had here with food.

The waiter (who was amusingly called Adolf) recommended a couple of things and I though why not as one of them was lobster in a crab sauce. The starter was fine, some truly delicious duck but then I waited for over an hour for the main course and when it arrived it was fairly bland and tasteless. The waiters seemed to ignore me most of the time and Adolf only popped by once to see if everything was OK. Nobody apologised for the delay and the bill came to 2700R which is really expensive. Not recommended.

The I just came back to the hotel and watched a program on Discovery with Anthony Head about zombies in Haiti.

Here's a couple of views of the city from the roof of the office:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home