Saturday, June 17, 2006

Stuff

So, I'm still in Brussels at the moment. Was talking to my boss today and it seems we are getting slightly closer to sorting out my situation. We are looking at two options: the first is that I become an employee of our Mumbai office, this would involve all sorts of behind the scenes stuff as I don't want to lose my pension and stuff with the Brussels office. The second option is that I stay employed by Brussels and spend three months in India and then six weeks in Brussels/London/New York/Wherever. The second one sounds preferable to me at the moment, but hopefully the lawyers will get back to us in the next week or so.

At the moment it looks like I'll be in Brussels until the 9 July but there is still a possibility that I go to New York for a couple of weeks beforehand, we'll see. In the mean time I've booked trains, cars and hotels to go to the UK next weekend to see friends in Manchester. It's actually cheaper to rent a car than travel by train in the UK, so I'll pick up a car at Waterloo on Friday, drive to Bracknell to pick up Ross and then up to Manchester to meet Lee and a bunch of other pissheads. Back to Brussels on the Sunday.

tonight I went to a rather nice tapas bar down by the Place Flagey with Pierre. We had several glasses of wine to start with, then some rather posh but nice food and another bottle of wine. The waitresses were also rather easy on the eye and we ended up spending four hours there... I'm now back at the nice little furnished flat the bank is paying for and will get some sleep. I left Pierre at a Portuguese festival were he knew some other people. I'm sure he'll be there for several hours yet! I've got a long evening of food and drink with Jan tomorrow so I need my rest. If I can stop listening to music now of course. Listen to this, it's really rather good, especially The Saddle Song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home