Friday, June 02, 2006

Travel

So, this taxation issue is still not sorted out. The recommendation was that I'm OK for 90 days in India, any longer and it may cause tax issues (although we have no confirmation of this).

So I'm talking to my boss today and she's come up with a cunning plan to make the most out of the 90 days seeing as part of the project goes live at the start of July. Basically I'm off to New York next week and will be back in Bangalore around the 10 July when we go live. I've already changed my flight and leave Bangalore on Tuesday night. I get back into Brussels on Wednesday morning and as I have a passport issued in 2000 that is not machine readable, I need to get a visa. According to the embassy website, this should take about three days so I can be in New York some time next weekend or early the week after.

This is all rather cool in an international jet-setter way, and yes, I'm feeling a bit smug.


Jean-Paul will be in Montreal in the middle of June visiting Anne and Jalal so if I'm in New York we are going to have to get together and drink quite a lot of booze. Just had a quick look and I can get a return flight to Montreal from JFK for just over 300 USD which is nothing.

Hurrah basically!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home