Thursday, June 08, 2006

Homeless

So, the flight went OK, was a bit bumpy and I only got three hours sleep. For some reason we seemed to go straight up the Pakistan boarder and over the Caspian Sea, avoiding both Pakistan and Iran, which was different from the previous flights I've taken.

Got in to Brussels yesterday, did all the bit I needed to for my US and went for chips and beer on the Place Jourdan. While we were there my boss called to say that the New York trip is off and that I will help out my old department for the month instead. Needless to say I was not overjoyed by the news. Spoke to the branch manager this morning and he now seems to think that I probably should go to New York after all. He's going to talk to the guys over there and let me know. So I have no idea where I will be for the next few weeks. The bank can never accuse me of not being flexible...

I went to my appointment with the US embassy anyway and that went really smoothly. The famous interview lasted about five minutes and was with a very cute consular official. She said that I can pick up my passport tomorrow at 12 so at least I'll be able to go the US at some point, lets see how many times my plans get changed tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's the latest status on this story ?

7:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home