Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Did a couple of productive things today: I called the landlord to let him know I was leaving. I've just typed up the official letter to confirm that. So, as from the 1 April I will no longer have this apartment! Another good thing is that as I will not have anywhere to live, I can't have my start day delayed, which frankly was a little bit of a concern.

I've also written to the gym to cancel my membership (not that I used it very often). I mustn't forget closer to the time to cancel the insurance on the flat as well as Belgacom and all that.

The tax advisors have advised that it's best I de-register at the commune too, it will make my tax status clearer.

I've almost got all the paperwork I need for my visa. I should be getting the letter from the Indian company tomorrow and then I can go to the embassy. I'll see if I can get a three year visa right away, it would save a lot of hassle.

I've looked at the banks in India and apparently there is no problem for a foreigner to open an account although it may only be possible for six months at a time, I'll need to look into it some more.

I'll just leave you with this, 'cause I think it's ace. It's by Mitch Clem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home