Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First Post

Well, everything needs to start at some point doesn't it. I guess the main point of this here blog thingy is to keep track of my movements and document the upcoming trip to India. I spoke to my new boss-to-be today and it looks like I'll be over in Bangalore for a week at the end of the month. As long as final approvals are given of course, can't upset the client in any way by having me out of the office :-/ Hopefully it will all go ahead and I can meet the guys down there and start looking around for a nice area to live it. It's starting to sink in that I'm actually going to live over there!

The good news is that the 3 April is confirmed for the start date. I now need to start getting all my vaccinations and see what the expat package will be. I think that getting rid of the flat and putting my (somewhat limited and shitty) belongings into storage. I wonder if I can get the bank to ship over some of my books and DVD's though...

In other news, booked the Eurostar to go to Oxford for the piss-up on the 4 Feb. I mentioned on the board that I'd be in the UK on the Friday and from that sprang the idea of a pre-Oxford Bash London Bash. So we'll be meeting up somewhere in Soho on the Friday. I just need to book the hotels now.

Speaking of the board, everybody is watching a Finnish library webcam for some reason. So far we've had a bald bloke, a nun and some woman in a red hat who has been there for hours. It became a bit of a soap opera for a while but now I think we've broken it. I wonder what the webmonkeys there will think when they see a massive jump in connections for no particular reason.

So there you go, my first blog post. Wasn't that fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home