Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday

I slept for a remarkably long time (well, for me anyway) and go out of bed at 9am. A leisurely breakfast and then I went out for a long walk. Yes, I remembered to put on sun cream!

I walked along MG road for a while but then took one of the side streets to see what things are
like in the more 'normal' parts of the city, away from the hotels and offices.




As you can see from the photo, things are different more intense than on the main streets

The sheer amount of people is a little overwhelming, you almost feel a little spaced out. I guess it just takes some getting used to.













I went to the city market which is huge and sells all sorts of things. There is an indoor part that is full of small stalls selling flowers and petals. I think it was a bit dark for photos, but I may go back at some point and give it a try. Outside there are farmers selling their tiny crops of vegetables and thousands of people.













I also visited my first temple. You had to leave your shoes outside and sometime the ground was so hot, you couldn't stand still. The towers on the Hindi temples are beautiful and covered in figures.










And to get back to the hotel I took my first autorickshaw ride. Which was a surprisingly pleasant experience and a great way to see the city.






I took loads more pictures which you can see here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you big gayer

mykeyboy

8:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home