Saturday, April 15, 2006

Food

Yesterday evening I had a very nice Japanese meal at a place called Dahlia on Church street. There was a table of guys from Google who were the cliched geeks: skinny white guy, slightly cross eyed with thick glasses, skinny Indian guy with long hair in a ponytail, older, slightly fat guy with bald head and silly facial hair, all of them slurping food and showing little to no social skills. I thought they were great.

Tonight I had a good Chinese meal at Mainland China, also on Church Street. They didn't have the crab dish that I wanted so instead I had soft shelled crab which I had never tried before and will do again as it was lovely. The shell really is soft and you just eat the whole thing. I will go back for more at some point.

By the way, I realise that I talk about eating a lot but I have been using the gym in the hotel almost every day and have gotten into the habit of running five kilometers on the treadmill. I've lost about a kilo so far, there's a few more to go, but it's a start.

Oh, they have the worst lounge singer ever in the lobby bar at the hotel. He has a keyboard playing very cheesy backing while he murders the worst songs in the world. When he started singing Chris De Burgh I almost laughed out loud. He's a little Indian guy in a shiny suit and while his voice is not bad I suppose, his attempts to sound like the original singer of the song really are very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home