Sunday, May 21, 2006

Food

This afternoon I suddenly had an urge for raw fish for some reason so this evening I had dinner in a very nice Japanese place called Harima which is about a ten minute walk from the hotel down Residency Road, just past the St Mark's Road junction. It's in a decaying office block called The Barton Center and you go up to the fourth floor in a very old lift that seems to have half the buttons missing. Once there a doorman opens a sliding wooden door and you are in a lovely restaurant with rough stone floors; a nice circular sushi bar, several small rooms with rice paper walls and mats on the floor. There was one other westerner in there and the rest of the people there were Japanese. The food was excellent and I think I have fulfilled my craving for raw fish for the moment.

I went on my own as I haven't seen the other guys at all today. We had a couple of drinks in the hotel bar last night and then escaped when the world's worst lounge singer started up. I don't know if the hotel realise how much business they are losing by having this sing in public. It drives people away in fits of giggles, holding their ears. Anyway, we went next door to Spinn but that was far too crowded for my taste so I left them too it at about ten thirty. They had been talking about going to some afterhours club in Koramangala, as I haven't heard from them all day, I can assume that they had a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home