Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weekend again.

It's hit and humid here at the moment, interespersed with the occasional very heavy downpour. I seem to have spent most of the weekend asleep with the occasional break to eat. I actually slept 12 hours last night, I guess I needed it. Nowt much to report apart from the fact that I bought a few new shirts and went to see Superman Returns this evening and it was ace. Well acted, great effects, a good story with lots of heart, very good indeed. It's the first time I've been to the cinema her and I asked at reception if they could arrange tickets so they sent one of the boys physically to the cinema to get the ticket! It was a huge old cinema, numbered seats and and ancient ushers. But the screen was big and the sound good. Lots of families there so there was the occasional crying baby and people talking on the phone which is very annoying, but there weren't too many. All films here seem to have an intermission of ten minutes which gives you a good excuse to stretch your legs (the seats are not made for tall people). Cinema ticket cost 130 rupee and popcorn a massive 15....

Some of the guys in the UK had a pissup in Oxford and as I couldn't make it, they made a hand-puppet of me. Rumour has it that it even talked to some ladies. Typical, the puppet version has better luck than the real one... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home