Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Last weekend

Went down to Luxembourg for the weekend to see Doug and had a really good time. Took the train down after work on Friday and was surprised to see the amount of snow that had fallen south of the Ardennes. Doug met me at the station and we went down to Bob's for a bite to eat. Sat at table 12 which was the old high table that we always used to sit at, I don't want to think about the number of hours I've spent sitting there! Saw Andy of course who seemed to be doing well, still a grumpy old so and so of course. Steve Preston wandered in with Alex, another guy who was at the European School, a few years ahead of me. We all had a few drinks and talked crap which was nice. Turned out that Alex, Doug and I had all been out with the same girl (not at the same time, one after the other), Luxembourg really is a small place! Doug and I then stayed up chatting until about 3.30 back at his place.

Saturday was very laid back during the day, lots of listening to music and a bit of geeking out on the PC. Chatted briefly with Doug's girlfriend who lives in the States, she seems lovely. The Mike Stevens came round and it was really good to see him, his wife and two kids were in the UK for a week so he was making the most of a free weekend. Went out for a meal in a really nice tapas place with a whole bunch of people where a lot of wine was consumed. A quick trip to the Tube (which used to be my fave haunt, the Playground. Then down to the Pygmalion for a last couple of drinks. Bumped into Simon Gibbons and yet another of his very young and pretty girlfriends. Chatted away in a corner as the place filled up then went back and I started to doze off on the couch. Mike then kept me awake by telling shit stories (not bad stories, stories about shitting in vases and that sort of thing), we were giggling like little kids for quite a while.

All in all a really good weekend. I promised myself that I'd use instant messaging a lot more to keep in touch with people. So far I've at least started using Trillian and added some people to my contacts. Now I just need to make sure that I use it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home