Tuesday, March 07, 2006

India stuff

*sigh* So, somebody based in New York in my current business unit has decided to ask why I can't stay here for another six weeks to ensure that my replacement get trained. If you consider the fact that they have known about this since August last year, it's a bit late to start saying things like that. Even if I did stay in Brussels, I'd have no place to stay so they'd have to put me up in a hotel here and pay for my meals. I'd say it would be a big waste of time and would not exactly motivate me to keep doing my best.

Still, hopefully nothing will come of it. As a worst case scenario I've said that I can still respond to mail and be available for questions when I'm in India. We'll see what happens, in any case I'm carrying on as if the end of the month is still my last day. Got my flight confirmed, I'm on the Lufthansa flight on the 5 April! The hotel is also booked for two weeks so we are looking good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home